WE UNDERSTAND THIS IS A LENGTHY DOCUMENT BUT WANTED TO COVER ALL ASPECTS OF OUR BUSINESS. FEEL FREE TO SKIP TO THE SECTIONS THAT PERTAIN TO YOUR NEEDS.
Dear Clients, Friends and Family,
As we all work together to contain and mitigate the Corona 19 Virus, we would like you to take note of the following steps we are taking in order to keep us all safe but still continue to give you the services you have come to depend on for your real estate closing needs.
Starting on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, our office doors will remain locked. Our staff will be working but will only see clients by appointment. We urge you that the safest way to communicate with us is via telephone, email and/or face to face video conferencing.
Following is a detailed list of the temporary changes we have implemented in order to continue taking your safety and that of your families into great consideration:
- If you have recently signed a real estate purchase and sale’s contract and need to provide the escrow deposit, we suggest doing so by wire transfer as it is the safest method. Your real estate agent has been or will be provided with the instructions in order to initiate such transfers. If you would like a copy of those, please do not hesitate to contact us. NOTE TO ALWAYS CALL US TO CONFIRM THOSE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO USING THEM.
- You may also send deposits through regular or expedited mail to the address listed below.
- If you need to drop off a deposit in person, we will be accepting those via a safe drop box located on the outside wall to the right of our doors which will be checked twice per day. Envelopes will be provided and located at the bottom portion of that box. Please place your check in an envelope and provide us with the property information as well as your contact information.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALTHOUGH CHECKS ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR INITIAL DEPOSITS, THEY ARE NOT FOR THE FINAL FUNDS TO CLOSE WHICH HAVE TO BE SENT VIA WIRE TRANSFERS.
New Contracts and Documents:
- The best way to provide a copy of any contracts and/or legal documents is through email either directly to me or with your assigned processor. You may also fax those to us at 239-768-2833.
- If you need to drop them off in person, we will be accepting those via a safe drop box located on the outside wall to the right of our doors which will be checked twice per day. Envelopes will be provided and located at the bottom portion of that box. Please place your documents in an envelope and provide us with the property information as well as your contact information.
If you have a closing in the coming weeks, we will provide you with the following choices:
- In-office closings. If a closing is to take place in our offices, we will only be allowing the executing parties into our lobby and conference rooms. What this means is that we would greatly appreciate it if our agents and lenders stay safe and do not attend closings. The same will apply to non-signing family members and friends. Remember that closings have always and will continue to be by appointment only.
- Self-Remote closings. This method of closings is completed by us e- mailing you the closing documents. You would be required to print those and execute them in front of your notary of choice and send the same back to our offices via overnight mail.
- Mobile Notary Remote Closings. This method of closing would be completed in a location of your choice anywhere in the United States. We would coordinate with a traveling notary who could come to your location with documents already printed and ready for you to execute while he/she guides you through the same. That notary will then send the originals back to our offices via overnight mail. The fee for a mobile notary is $150.00 with a $30.00 overnight delivery fee which will be added to the settlement statement.
- Online Notary Closings. This method consists of a remote online notary usually referred to as a RON with the closing taking place through a video conference. This method does not require the parties to be together so if two people are signing while in two different places, this can be done together through that video conference. This is available to clients in any country! It does require authentication of the signing parties which would mean that the parties would have to provide social security numbers as well as a copy of your identifications via the secured online portal. In order to achieve this, you will need to have internet access with a webcam and audio on your device as well as a social security number. The fee for an online closing is $99.00 and will be added to the settlement statement. If you are obtaining a loan and signing loan documents, note that not all lenders approve this type of closing and we will have to get prior authorization from them.
Note that our YouTube channel hosts a variety of closing videos which may be of great information prior to your closing. This would make the time spent executing documents less stressful and faster to complete. You can follow this link to those by clicking https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC015YdnxUcMIFuleGyvPh7Q/videos.
- If you have a need to meet with us, the safest way to accomplish this is via telephone and/or face to face video conferencing. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL MEETINGS ARE TO BE SCHEDULED AHEAD OF TIME, you can schedule yourself without having to call or confirm by clicking on the following link. This will automatically sync in with our calendars and you can choose a day and time that fits your schedule.
- Follow this link to schedule yourself: www.calendly.com/kborgia
- I am also available through Skype with the following account (please first calendar your video call through the calendaring system mentioned above) Skype name: live:admin_154233 b. Skype e-mail: email@example.com
Government Imposed Closures.
In the case we are all required to work remotely, please note that it would be best to send us emails for communication. Return phone calls may not come from the numbers you recognize. The only employees you would receive calls from during this period would be the file processor, Akai Hopkins or the closing specialist, Marisela Falero. No one else, other than me, will be placing calls out to clients. Please note that our staff takes your privacy very seriously and although we may collect sensitive information during those calls, you can rest assured that the same is being kept in a safe manner.
If you called the office during such periods, you will still be allowed to transfer to your desired extension and leave a message. Staff will be retrieving voicemails and returning calls every hour.
In conclusion, please be assured that during this period, we have systems in place and will be fully operational while working remotely. Although our physical offices may not be open, our staff has been equipped to work remotely and will continue servicing our clients and making sure your closings are taking place on the date expected.
We know that these are difficult, anxious times for all of us. Borgia Consulting & American Real Title will respond as we always do, by taking care of each other and doing what’s best for the broader community.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Despite the modifications to our day to day operations we will continue to be here for you if you need us. We are committed to continuing to empower and support our neighbors, team and community during this difficult time. Please stay safe and healthy and thank you for all you’re doing to contain the spread of this virus.